Monday, August 29, 2011

Meet the Flinstones

I couldn't wait to do a shoot at my favorite hometown location, The Flinstone House. It is such a unique and fun home!


I have been weary about jumping onto the trendy romper bandwagon. In a lot of ways I think that if they aren't cut right, they can make people look shorter and heavier. As a someone who is petite, I simply avoided rompers because I thought that unless I was super tall and skinny I could never wear them right.


Recently, I was in one of my favorite local boutiques and reluctantly tried on a romper that one of the sales girls suggested for me. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the cut, and I was instantly sold.


This romper works specifically for a small frame because it is cut right in the middle of one's waist. Lower-waisted rompers can cut off the length of a petite body, making a person's torso look super long while making their legs look shorter. In contrast, high-waisted rompers can be very unflattering from behind, causing a person's butt look oddly elongated. Basically, like any trend, rompers can look great when done well--so choose wisely!

This outfit: 
Romper: Obey
Lace Vest: Forever 21
Leopard Wedges: Sam Edelman
Bracelet: Sway (swaychic.com)

5 comments:

  1. Great photos, dear! Love your romper xoxo

    http://styleitup-eva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures look amazing!

    Please check out my blog when you get a chance!
    http://www.goodbadnfab.blogspot.com
    a fashion lawyer by day, fashion police by night...I play at red carpet events, shop all over town, and live life in the fab lane in LA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look! And the pictures look like a lot of fun to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! Checking out all your bogs as I type this. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, I had heard of the Flintstone house, but never been myself. Your outfit is adorable !

    ReplyDelete