Thursday, January 26, 2012

20 Feet Tall

Thursdays are always particularly exciting because they mark the beginning of my weekend. This weekend I look forward to blogging, babysitting, and reading Vernon Rosario's Science and Homosexualities. Ok I may be acting a little too optimistic about that last part, but my weekend will definitely be filled with lots and lots of reading. Is it June yet? 

Now for my outfit:
I am seriously in love with this dress I bought from my work, Sway. Since I am so petite I had to have a lot of tailoring done on the piece. Originally it fit much baggier and the neckline was too low. My tailor basically remade the whole dress by taking in the waist, raising the neckline, and tapering the skirt. While the tailoring came out to be almost 3x the actual price of the dress, it made the piece entirely more wearable. While people often think this is crazy, for those who are petite sometimes putting some extra cash into cheaper pieces can really add value to your wardrobe. 


This outfit:
Dress: Sway
Tights: American Apparel
Shoes: Sam Edelman
Bracelet: Liquid Metal Jewelry (Find it here!)

14 comments:

  1. Love that dress!!! The back was a great surprise!! Cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whooow, that dress is sooo nice! The pattern and the form! Amazing!


    You can enter our Romwe giveaway here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dress! Love your style. Have a great weekend <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i also adjust most of my gowns before wearing them.....lol...cute gown,if u wanna kip in touch,follow me and i will follow back.....xoxo

    http://sazistopsecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i really really love the back of your dress, just gorgous!
    kiss,mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jackie,

    I agree sometimes I have spent more on tailoring then the actual piece of clothing but in the end it was worth it.

    Your dress looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this dress reminds me of the 70's or Missoni! i love the cut out back

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tailoring and a good tailor are so worth the cost! The remade dress looks great on you!
    Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely week!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is amazing! I love the back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous dress! Looks stunning! :)
    Have a beautiful day!
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful, love the dress so much! hyped :) ♥

    ReplyDelete